PRLog (Press Release) – May 10, 2012 – 1. Florida based Smith III consist of three young talented siblings ages 10, 8 and 5 often compared to the Jackson 5. “They always wanted to be singers and performers”, said their mom and acting manager Lydia Smith, however, she tried to stop them and focus them on academics. After she lost her job, she couldn’t afford their school, she decided to home school them. She started to focus on their talents and help them develop their skills. However, the final straw came when the youngest almost died of persistent asthma. “He passed out in my arms, I thought he was sleeping, until I walked in the hospital and they called code blue. Watching your baby in the hospital on life support was not an easy time, this was when I made a promise to myself to put them first.”
2. Together they were music waiting to happen, and would not take NO for an Answer… Individually, they have uniquely great sounds and tones. The oldest focused more on academics, after their mom told her that being an artist was not a future. The second one would not allow anyone to kill his dreams so he would sing for anyone that would listen. The youngest one would always watch people on stage and ask “if it was his turn to go on”.
Until, their mom brought them together it was like a magic, everything fell into place. About two year later they performed at many different places including Applebee Karaoke and The South Florida Fair 2012. People started to notice their talent and would come just to see them, so their parents got them the professional help they needed. These events inspired their first single “Put A Stamp On It”.
3. SMITH III… it was a inevitable to name them Smith because of their last name, plus since they were often compared to the Jackson 5, and it was only three of them hence the name SMITH III was born.
4. Their single Put A Stamp On It! is a dancing, inspiring, and motivational song with a positive message for all ages. It is a song parents would want their children to listen and dance to. “We were tired of hearing songs about love and hurt that did not make sense.” said one of the group members . “With children singing these songs, it is not helping them to get ahead in life” added their manager. The individuals in the song..Will Smith, Oprah Winfrey, Steve Jobs, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie and the others in the song are inspirational leaders to the Smith III.
5. Like the people before them, many more not named in the song has helped Smith III to inspire and motivate the children around them and will continue to try and change generational music. You can find Smith III music available on itunes, amazon and myspace.
You can learn more about them on https://www.thesmithiii.com Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Smith-III/286946567994150 or http://www.reverbnation.com/smithiii currently ranked #2 in West Palm Beach.
– See more at: https://www.thesmithiii.com/video-more/hot-rising-star-sibling-group-smith-iii#sthash.8rT2lVmN.dpuf